Monday, February 22, 2010

MORE GRETA QUOTES

Will we ever get enough of the Greta quotes? I sometimes wonder if she will be providing us with this entertainment for the rest of our lives. . .

The other day, I was trying to hold on to those last few moments of sleep in the early morning, when Greta came bursting into the room (as is her usual style) announcing, "Hey Mama! My name is Shen and I am from China. I don't even know if I'll be able to get a bronx metal because I'm pregnant, so I can't skate for about 3 weeks!"

Oh, and yesterday in the car, from the back seat, Mark and I overheard her saying, "OK, you can be Jasmine and I'll be Aladin and who will Daddy be? Oh! Daddy can be the zucchini!!" I wasn't paying attention until I heard the part about the zucchini. Mark said, "What? What zucchini?" "You know, Daddy... there's that zucchini that comes out of the tea pot! (enthusiasm lingering)" Mark said, "Oh, you mean the genie?" "OK, yeah, the genie."

Please note, they have not seen the movie, because (as usual with Disney) it is far too scary and far too mean. Still, Greta loves Jasmine from the pictures she has seen, and has clung to the characters from pictures as well.

No comments: