Today we explored poetry, and rhythm and rhyme. The first verse of this poem was already written for us. We clapped it, said it, memorized it. Then, we made up the next 3 verses, which was truly a group effort between Mali, Greta, and me. The girls were proud and said they wanted to color pictures about it and put it on the blog! So, here it is:
The Purple Cow
I never saw a purple cow
I never hope to see one.
But I can tell you anyhow
I’d rather see than be one.

I used to have a yellow pig
It looked a little funny.
But when that pig did a jig
It made a lot of money.

I never saw an orange baboon
I’ve even looked around.
But I think that very soon
One will come to town.

Once I saw a yellow goose
It made me wonder why
If this goose is on the loose
I hope that it won’t die.



4 comments:
What a great poem! You have inspired me to try doing something like that with my two girls.
I know you just started your homeschooling, but I am looking forward to reading more about it.
Tricia
FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE your blog!!!!!!!! It truly makes GA feel not quite so far away.
THANK YOU!
This is Ella's favorite poem right now, and I can't wait to show her all the verses that you all wrote! What a great activity, and what great creativity!
I love this so much. It would be a fabulous song, too!
Post a Comment