Mali has thrived in Kindergarten. She has fun at school, and has changed immensely. She has gained confidence and independence on so many levels. It is wonderful to see.
The kids and I went to the Kindergarten graduation, which was fun. I was overcome at the size of this school! I sometimes forget how huge it is, because they somehow manage to maintain a very friendly, personal feel. People there know us all by name. Even though there are almost 1000 kids at the school, the janitor would greet her every morning by name, and even ask about her baby brother. Every day we go to pick her up, the bus drivers all joke with Greta, and if I arrive without the kids, they are all in shock. I am still amazed by the principal who makes a practice of greeting kids out front by name. She's got an amazing, dynamic personality, and I think she really influences the social climate of the school.
In this first picture, the music teacher is leading all the kindergarteners in the songs they learned. This is 8 classes, most of which have at least 20 students! I couldn't even fit them all in.

Unfortunately, this is the best picture I could get of Mali receiving her Kindergarten diploma. I was scrunched in the very back corner of the crowds, with Quinn strapped on my back, squirmy Greta literally running circles around me as I stood bouncing. I was glad we could be there, and I was also glad that Mali's class went first, because we wouldn't have lasted much longer!



2 comments:
Congrats to Mali :)
Enjoy your holiday, Mali! I loved going to your kindergarten and meeting your friends and your teacher! I'm sure you'll continue to enjoy learning ... Love you muchly!
Post a Comment