I am inspired by these friends. They just give and give and give of themselves. Anyone who comes in contact with them is likely to quickly become a recipient of their generosity. Our families have become quite close in the last 2 years, and it's been wonderful to see. It is rewarding to see the newness of our children's relationships and for me to get to know who Rachel is. At the same time, it is rewarding to remember years ago when I came to know Dave, and to see him now at this stage of life.
Rachel had the great idea that since our families are both trying to work on our houses and are both strapped for time to put into it, we should swap work days. So, one Saturday we went to their house, and Mark helped Dave paint while all the kids and mamas spent the day at the zoo (I know I know. . . the gender stereotypes, but this is just our reality right now). Last Saturday it was their turn to come to us. While the daddies worked on countertops and a new shower, the mamas and kids spent the day at the nature center. It was a good day. Here is some evidence:
Enjoying the woods:




Acting out made-up stories on the stage:

Adults enjoying the cuteness:



1 comment:
we've been blessed to know this stage of life too.
we called it "project night."
ahhhhh.
Post a Comment