I love to knit. Thanks, Mom!! My mom is a wonderful, enthusiastic knitter, and she taught us all to knit on our long car trips to family vacations. We knitted dishcloths. Having a great knitter for a mom in combination with being the youngest sibling (with some of the youngest of 10 grandchildren), we get to enjoy lots of her handiwork. She has knitted numerous beautiful items for our kids, but we also get to enjoy all the hand-me-downs. While these pictures don't do them justice (of course), I wanted to quick show off a couple of sweaters she knit for cousins that we have recently inherited. I looked at my kids this afternoon and the image of all three of them staying warm in Grandma sweaters gave me great joy! We love your work, Mom.




7 comments:
ELEVEN cousins????? Who am I missisng?
woops! it's ten. sorry to confuse you!!
Oh what beautiful knits!!
What made the post even MORE wonderful was listening to it to "If I needed you", which was sung at our wedding.
oh how lovely! (Is that a Dale of Norway number Mali's wearing?)
My mom taught me to knit, too. WAY before knitting was cool. It's a great tradition to hand down.
I'm not positive, Suze, but I think the ladybug sweater is Dale of Norway.
Wow, those are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
hollybjhKATE!!!!!!!!!!! How do you know that song!?!?!
To know him is to love him!?!?!?!
I danced to that song, laughing and leaping an weeping with emotion, through the.....what? 1950's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was an all time favorite........oh! FEEL the LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment