Tuesday, October 07, 2008

SURVIVING THE WAIT

Here's what I'm doing to keep my mind off of waiting for the baby. Projects are oh, so important to me at times like this. Although, there is nothing quite like this time. The end of the pregnancy has always been the hardest for me: the wait and the weight. So, as time ticks slowly by, I have a need to keep my hands busy with something.

A while back I finished this snake for Greta, who immediately named it Kaa (from the Jungle book).




And now I am working almost feverishly on a sweater for Mali. She picked the color, and I just love it. I also adore this yarn, which is a wool cotton blend (I think it's Rowan) that is sooooo soft and knits up so nicely. I've used it for a couple other sweaters, and it's just wonderful.

6 comments:

kristin said...

if you need another project in the next week (ha) i'll commission you to make me a snake like that. sweet.

gwama said...

Looks like Greta has a new best friend!

AnnaMarie said...

I'm making that snake! (As soon as I finish the Errol the Owl from my book of Harry Potter knits.)

Rachel said...

Though far away geographically, I'm waiting with you...I remember this waiting time so vividly, with both of my girls. So many tugs in different directions...

Rachel said...

I love that last picture of your knitting hands, and baby belly, and those little legs sitting so quietly next to you.

Beverly said...

Sending warm thoughts your way while you wait.