MORE QUOTES
Greta walked into the room where I was and said, "Well, I'm very ill, and I don't have enough money to pay for the operation that the doctor says I need. The doctor says that I am very determined. Do you know what 'determined' means? It means the same as 'curious', which means you don't say what you actually want."
In response to my singing along to the song in the car:
Greta: Mama! Stop singing along!
Me: Why? I like singing along, silly goose.
Greta: Because you are running out of time. It's 1 o'clock, which means we have to be somewhere else now! (there's always that familiar urgency in her voice.)
Mali: Mama, whenever Greta talks, she sounds so excited.
Me: Yep, she's a pretty excitable girl.
Greta: You know what I'm excited about right now?
Me: What?
Greta: The Fox and the Hound!
Me: I can tell.
Greta: How can you tell?
Me: Well, you've been talking about it for 2 days straight and last night you insisted on cuddling with the movie cover at night!
Greta: Yeah, that's funny (chuckles).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I love these little glimpses into your life!
our three-year-old daughters sound like they have much in common, katie! i love your description of greta's tone of voice. flora is also very commanding, hands on hips, full of declarations (not to say bossy ...!). what fun for her to get to do things on her own and be Big.
Post a Comment