The heat has kept us inside much of our days, which just doesn't feel right. At the same time, I have reached that time in my pregnancy where I feel like turning in, like focusing on the nest. So, we've been home a lot. There are some good things about that, like being focused on each other. But it can also drive us all a little crazy. Also, I have been trying to let go of the guilt I feel if Greta and I do anything fun while Mali's in school. As a result, we've tried to do things on the weekends, which is more complicated -- just lots more people doing the same.
BUT, this weekend, when we braved the zoo, it was so worth it. We had a cool-ish morning without crowds, saw lots of great close-up views of the animals, and the girls got to run and climb and play in the fresh air for the morning. It did us a lot of good. I'm hoping that the temps fall these next few weeks, and that that brings us outside more. I think it's the best thing for all of us to be outside as much as we can.









3 comments:
Your cabin fever is for the complete opposite reasons for our cabin fever (as I state the obvious... which is what I do best!). :)
Are all the animal pictures babies????
no, just the cute lion cubs.
Post a Comment