Monday, July 28, 2008

LINE OF ELEPHANTS

I find it interesting that when Greta draws, she creates images almost entirely by color. Shape and size matter very little in her mind, but color makes all the difference. Her picture can be one single line for each character she draws, but their color tells us who they are. Here is an example. She told me this is the line of elephants in the Jungle Book, and she knows which elephant each color is. She does this with Peter and the Wolf, too: black line = wolf, orange line = cat, yellow line = Peter, red line = bird, multi-colored = duck (don't tell her I told you those colors, because if they're wrong, I'm in trouble!!).


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this.

and i love that you noticed it.

Rachel said...

Yes to what Kristin said...I was just thinking how wonderful it is that you noticed--what creativity!