Sunday, July 27, 2008

GEORGIA PEACHES!

We had a wonderful day full of peaches yesterday. By the end of the day, I found myself thinking, "this is a blogging day." Funny how my life is measured this way. It's a good thing, I think, to notice the things I want to keep track of.

We got up early to head down to the square, where the farmer's market is. We bought a whole box full of fresh peaches and some fresh blueberries.



While we were there, the girls and I went out for breakfast and played at the train park on the square.





Once home, we enjoyed a few peaches before we got busy with peach jam and peach-blueberry pie.






This morning, the crepes with peaches and blueberries to welcome Mark home topped it all off. I can't ever imagine getting tired of fresh peaches!!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Hey, we had crepes this morning too, with peach jam and raspberries....wow!

Rachel said...

Oh, how I ENVY you!!! Peaches just don't grow very well in Wisconsin, and it's been ages since I've had a really good, really juicy peach.

AnnaMarie said...

I measure my days like that, too.

Yours was a blogging day indeed! We get Georgia peaches at our Farmer's Market. I have a feeling I'll be stocking my shelves with peach jam next weekend.

Anonymous said...

oh, oh, oh.

Suze said...

Oh, how I miss peaches. You just can't get good ones up here (though the Michigan blueberries almost make up for it.)

(Basically what Rachel said!)

Claire said...

Peaches and blueberries are my two favorite foods! That pie looks HEAVENLY!