QUOTES
(Note: this is after a very trying morning, when I had difficulty being a patient, peaceful Mama. This conversation took place after I had settled and apologized to the girls for not being more patient).
Mama: Mali, you are so very kind to Greta. Thank you. I'm such a lucky Mama to have such a helpful big sister around.
Mali: Mama, if you die before me and Greta, I will take care of Greta. Mama, when I grow up, I want to have Greta for a child.
Mama: That's very sweet. You know what? Greta is going to grow up with you.
Greta: Yeah, I'm going to grow up in a couple weeks.
This reminds me, Greta has been experimenting with the concept of time. The other day she was missing her Daddy, and asked where he was. When I told her he was at school, she said, "Mama, sometime next year can we go get Daddy at school?" I think all she really knows is now and not now (which includes everything else, like tomorrow, next week, next year, yesterday, etc). It's funny to hear her try to fit these time concepts into her conversations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment