Monday, September 17, 2007

LOVELY

I was recently reminded that the biggest sucker of energy in a typical house is the clothes dryer. I was inspired to plan ahead more with my laundry, so that the timing was right for hanging it. My mom has always been passionate about hanging laundry out, and I appreciate that. I have many memories of the process, as well as the feel and smell of the laundry after it's dried outside. So today was a laundry day, and we dried outside, in the amazingly mild, sun-filled air.


4 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

I have been thinking about a clothes line ALL SUMMER! I am terribly envious. I'm going to have to do something about this!

kristin said...

oh, why don't i arrange my life for this anymore?......

Suze said...

i love our clothesline! installing it was the first thing we did when we moved into our house 3 years ago.

Beth H said...

I just love the double decker!!! My three lines are down to two from wear and tear...maybe I should go with the double decker variety next time :)