I've decided to update the record on my knitting endeavors. I'm presenting it backwards, just because that's how it's organized right now. I am on a bit of a mission to use up scrap yarn. I have a huge basket full, and everytime I drool over yarn in the store, my conscience gives me little flashes of all I have to use up at home. So, this is a great project for using up scrap yarn. I've never done anything like this. I've always wanted to learn to make braided rugs, and this is pretty similar. Here's what it's supposed to look like when it's done:

And here you'll see the yarn I'm using and the start.

Soon, I will get organized enough to show you the recent project I finished and the other one I'm working on!



4 comments:
I am continually inspired and amazed at your artistry and creativity! Wow.
Jen CD
Kate ! It is beautiful! Is it just a big i-chord??? How many stitches? Are you mixing fibers??? Can't wait to see it!
No, it's not an i-chord. I actually thought about doing it that way and tried, but it didn't work! So now I'm following the directions. I don't know what the stitch is called, but it's sl1k1 or sl1pl every row, and I really like the way it turns out - - a kinda layered look. I will have to wrap it around a filler and stiched it together before making the spiral. I'm using all worsted weight wool (with a little fudging, as usual!)
very cool, katie! do you plan to felt it?
Post a Comment