Mali loves Charlotte's web, and we have done a lot of talking about life and death in processing the movie. She decided yesterday that she really wanted to color this picture for Charlotte and her children. We talked at length about how we could get it to Charlotte's children. She didn't want to accept that they are not real -- that they only live in our imaginations. She really wanted a place to send this picture, where Charlotte's children would be sure to receive it. So, one idea we had was to post it on the blog, and maybe, just maybe Charlotte and her children would see it there. Hmmmm. She said to me when she finished the picture, "Mama, doesn't this web look MAGICAL!?"

Dear Charlotte,
I love you. The whole time you were alive, I knew that you were special. I love how you spin your webs and how you talk to Wilbur. I'm sending this picture that I colored to your children: Aranea, Joy, and Nellie, so they can remember you and your magical web.



5 comments:
want me to be charlotte?
hee hee hee
ooo, that's a good idea. do you mean you would respond on the blog, or should we send it off to charlotte at your address?
thanks!
what would be most exciting?
I'll send it to you snail mail, since that's what she understands best!
Thanks!
hee hee how fun
Post a Comment