GRETA, ON THE EARTH
As usual, this conversation came up seeming random, in the back of the car:
G: You know, Mama, nature is a gift from the Earth.
M: mmm hmmm, yes.
G: No, I mean, like every.little.piece. of a tree, or a leaf, or anything. It is all a gift from the Earth.
M: Well, then we should say "thank you" to the Earth.
G: (pause. . . ) Um, Mama? The Earth doesn't talk.
M: No, but we can still say "thank you."
a little bit later
G: The Earth seems like a square, not a circle.
M: Well, a long time ago, people thought that the Earth was flat like the side of a square, But then someone figured out that it was really shaped like a ball, but it is so big that it still feels flat.
G: But what about the mountains? If the Earth is a ball, it's one bumpy-lumpy ball!
and yet a little later (this is how much time it takes us to get from one place to another around here)
G: Mama, I'm kinda tired of living on Earth.
M: Oh? Where would you like to live instead?
G: I think I would like to live on the moon! (giggles) Because then, I could look down and see the Earth. Wouldn't that be beautiful?
M: yes, it would.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
wow..................what a mind.............what a heart.........WHAT A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!
This girl is something special! Thanks for sharing that conversation.
Post a Comment