Thursday, August 13, 2009

FIGS

I miss having a garden this year. Even though the last few years have ended up in a jungle of weeds (I swear Georgia weeds are on steroids!), at least I got a few tastes of my own growing.

I have discovered figs, though.

Figs



Figs



and more figs!



Greta wants to make a fig pie. This seems to be her enthusiastic response to anything from our yard that she discovers she can eat. For awhile, she was after me to make a mint pie from our (huge!) mint patch. I never got to that, but I think I will try a fig pie soon. The rest of the figs. . . well, I guess I'll freeze them for now and see if I come up with a better solution later.

1 comment:

AnnaMarie said...

I love figs! How lucky for you!! I seem to remember seeing a recipe for procuitto wrapped figs that sent me into mouth watering convulsions.

YUM!