THIS I BELIEVE
I haven't been listening to NPR lately, because I found the news was bringing me down. So instead I listen to music. I found myself craving one thing I love on NPR, which is the featured essays of "This I Believe." They are usually uplifting. The other day, I overheard Greta ask Mali what she believes. This prompted a discussion between them about all the things they believe in. On our family walk this evening, I challenged them to think beyond things they believe in. I tried asking them what they think is true. They didn't really get it, but I was enjoying what they came up with.
Mali started with a list: Unicorns, mermaids, fairies, princesses, angels, flying.
Greta: Well. . . I believe in wolves. And I believe that the moon can talk.
Mali: I believe that love is good.
Greta: I believe that poison ivy is dangerous. And cars are alive. I believe in Peter Pan.
Mali: Oh, yeah, I believe in Peter Pan, too.
Greta: I believe that every day is God's birthday, and it will be forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Talk about uplifting... I love to read about your sweet girls conversations AND that little baby giggle!!!
Jen
i want to know greta when she is 33.
Post a Comment